Friday, June 18, 2010

Going Organic.....

I believe in being eco friendly and living a green lifestyle. I believe we should preserve the world we live in and if possible to go vegetarian or vegan. I wish my life was as green as possible and that I could only eat organic foods. Until now, I knew some foods were bad for me, because of sugar, far, and flower contents. I had no idea how bad things really were until yesterday when I watched Food, Inc. It was the most eye opening thing I’d seen or read since watching the Inconvenient Truth a few years ago. I was, to say the least disgusted by the way companies and factory farms treat our food. I would have expected that something as important as the food that goes into our bodies would be a little more closely monitored than it is. I’m a realistic person, I know that the big chain markets are in it for the money and customers be damned. However, I had no idea that many farms here in America thought the same way. I’m attaching the trailers to both the documentaries mentioned in this post because I believe its something everyone should see. I’m not saying that my way of thinking is the only way, you choose what you will. This is my opinion, and my place to voice that.

I’m proud to say I’m educating myself so I can go Organic and I will be posting about what I learn and any information that would be useful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment