Monday, May 19, 2008

Burned toast and Spilled Milk.....

Anyone who's known me longer than 10 minutes knows my main focus in life is Music. I've been singing since I was maybe 3 years old. It's my first love, passion and above all the most functional relationship I've had in my life. However it's been an incredibly hard journeyas I was not as blessed as others for a natural knack for music theory, or abundant funds to pursue voice studies, but I digress.

A couple of months ago I was on the phone with someone who I consider a friend, who has always supported my musical aspirations. More than that he's pushed me, for whatever reason that day he told me "Maybe it's time to give it up." Uhh NO! I've worked too hard, sacrificed way too much, and have gone through great lengths to pay for the instruction. Now I'm finally getting to a point where it's not only going to be easier, but I'll have a well rounded education because it wont be just singing it will be Music Theory, Musicianship, and so much more. I'll be in college and finally able to study what I love. It amazes me how just when things are looking up someone tries to knock you down, because they're feeling insecure, or they've given up on their goal/dream. It's stupid, that’s what it is really.

I'm not going to lie and say "oh well that's his opinion, I think I'll keel over and die now..." No, I'm no longer the type of person that decides to give up and forget about what she really loves, besides Music is the only thing that hasn't broken my heart, and I for one am not about to give up on it.

For any other musician, or artist heck anyone who has a dream out there. Don't let someone knock your dream because theirs didn’t come true. Or they didn't have the balls to chase after their dream. Sometimes people tell you things because they are having a bad day or simply spilled their milk or burned their toasts that morning, In other words. don't let burnt toast and spilled milk ruin your future, or make you give up your dream. Words only have the power you give them, keep that in mind.

1 comments:

Billigflüge Moskau said...

Hey, I like the way you write. Nice blog! There are many lessons to be learned in life. One I had to learn was to be egoistic.

Post a Comment