Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Back to Basics.....

Ever have one of those days when you're just stuck in your own head? Since last night I've been like this. I hate all the noise I have going on right now, I feel overwhelmed by my own thoughts. I hate feeling like that. Today I was determined to practice and did, my voice isn't as bad as I was expecting, It's actually not that bad right now. I stopped practicing a few months back simply because I'd lost all motivation and drive. I was letting my passion go simply because of what a couple of people said. Thankfully I snapped out of it, it would have been such a mistake if I hadn't realized it. Now I'm slowly getting back on track, I will be practicing everyday until my voice is back in shape, I figure it will take a few weeks. I am going to take it slowly to make sure I don't force my voice to do anything it's not yet ready to do. I Don’t want to set myself back even further by losing my voice. Today I only did warm ups and vocal exercises for about 15 minutes. Which granted, isn't close to the hour or two I did before. But I'm solely focusing on warm ups, breathing, music theory, and vocal exercises until my voice is back in shape.

I loved it, feeling the sound fill my body and flow out of my lips. I remembered how good it feels to have music flowing out of you..... There's nothing like it.

Today I've also been doing a lot of research on singer's do's and don'ts, vocal health information, and anything else I can get my hands on. I'm feeling good about the work I'm doing right now, as I said earlier this evening; I'm not where I want to be, yet, but I am closer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment