Monday, May 26, 2008

Sacrifices must be made......

Through the time I've been singing, even before I decided to focus on classical music. I had a lot of problems with my voice, most of them were because I didn't care for my instrument as I should have. I screamed when I went out, drank a lot of caffeine, and talked on the phone for hours on end. Since I've actually been learning how to care for my voice by avoiding caffeine before I practice or perform, Controlling my sneezing and coughing, and well... you get the idea. I've been changing a lot of things in my life, for example when I'm on the phone I make sure the other person speaks more, that I take breaks when they do, and drink a lot of water. It's just common sense.
I've also learned that if I'm going to be the kind of singer I want to be I have to be willing to make sacrifices, one of them would be I no longer have meat, this wasn't a decision I made solely to lose weight, although that is a plus. I decided this because I knew I needed to control myself and my eating habits not to mention that everything I eat affects my instrument, I use my instrument daily whether I like it or not. I am going to lose this weight once and for all, regardless of how hungry I feel. It's only hunger, right?
Sacrifice means giving up something good for something better, and that is the truth.


This is my Motivation


Anna Netrebko

0 comments:

Post a Comment